Friday, September 24, 2010

Because boy trouble is where it's at...

So, here I am in Boise, it's Friday and there are oodles of activities that are chartered for this weekend as part of the BSU game tomorrow, but none of that matters because, of course, I'm preoccupied by "The Boyfriend." So to fill in on the History Lesson: Boyfriend and I have been together for about 4 years and of those 4 we've lived a few hundred miles from each other for at least 2 years. Long distance is old hat to a large extent and here we are just cresting that 4 year mark and looking at a third year of an 8 hour separation... While it may be old hat, long distance is by no means pleasant... It sucks... I hate it... I could go on for a while with that.

Moving on, Life for Boyfriend and I has been a little insane this year. Both of us changed schools and locales. Mine was a fresh start, his was a visitation to the scene of previous disappointment. I'm really proud of him for going back to U of I (rival schools... whatever shall we doo....) to keep his in state standing, especially when his last turn at the place involved a total lack of maturity which spiraled him into failure that actually shook him into Responsibility. Overall the experience was good for him; it wasn't fun but I think he made it into a lesson of sorts...

Going back to Uof I has been a little hard on him, but the factors are totally different for his return. He's surrounded by friends and they are all pulling him into different directions. Then there's the pesky voice of that make believe girlfriend on the phone begging his attention because she happens to be going through some pretty big changes... Oh and the whole point of this is that he's supposed to be going to school... yeah...that one...

Well, lets just say that we're both stressed and trying to find that miracle of balance which supposedly makes life pleasant! We're nowhere near that... To top it all off, Boyfriend is sick and he's not having fun with it... (who likes being sick anyway!?) Did I mention he's in the dorms too??? So no privacy, he's sick, I'm Captain Anxiety and we're trying to keep a relationship afloat...

Oh! Because the whole point of Boyfriend's stint at U of I is to keep his in state residency status so he can transfer down to BSU fall 2011... Yeah! It's complicated...

Meanwhile, two of our really good friends are having major relationship upheavals which marginally resemble something we went through during U of I round one! This has made him at turns insanely attentive and crazy distant... I love the attentive, I hate the distance with the fiery passion of a thousand suns... With the Boyfriend version Sick.0 I mostly get the distant....

Distant Boyfriend is essentially a lesson in monosyllabic 20 Questions. The general pattern is me yammering and him occasionally grunting a word or two, or mumbling something that may have been a sentence... Well, that is just NO FUN!

Lets just conclude with this little thought: All I really want right now is to snuggle up with Jackson and have him say sweet little geeky things to me as I relax. There's an 8 hour drive, or a $160 ticket in between that situation and reality...

I miss him. I miss him so very much and he is more than just The Boyfriend...

I want the Long Distance frustration to end.

1 comment:

  1. ummm so i want to cuddle up next to my boyfriend, but the seperation (although physically is less) is more complicated. poop.

    ReplyDelete